1. No entry fee is required, and all story rights remain the property of the author.
2. All entries must be original works and in English.
3. The Contest is open only to non-professional writers. Those who have professionally published a novel or short novel, more than one novelette, or more than three short stories in any medium are not eligible.
4. Entries must be typewritten or a computer printout in black ink on white paper, double spaced, with numbered pages. All other formats will be disqualified. Each entry must have a cover page with the title of the work, the author’s name, address, telephone number and email address.
5. Entries will not be returned after judging. Entries will be submitted to the Veterans History Project (sponsored by the Library of Congress) at the conclusion of the contest.
6. There shall be three cash prizes: a First Place Prize of $1,000, a Second Place Prize of $750, and a Third Place Prize of $500. In addition, the winning entry will be read at the Veterans Day Celebration in November 2018 at Mount Gilead AME Church in Columbus, GA.
7. To be eligible for judging in the contest, all entries must be mailed to:
Threadwell Campbell VHWC
C/O Mt. Gilead AMEC
8444 Fortson Road
Columbus, GA 31909
Entries must be postmarked no later than
August 31, 2018.
8. All entries will be judged by a team of veterans. The decisions of the judges are entirely their own, and are final.
9. Winners will be individually notified of the results by phone and by mail.